I'm a bit blerg at the moment. I think I'm bored. This confirms my worst suspicions - I need to be constantly anxiety ridden and/or totally mentally fucking exhausted in order to be happy. Yeh, I know, cry me a river, right? Two weeks left of uni holidays, anyway.
Some housekeeping:
1. I got a HD for English last semester. !! And whilst, as we know, I flirted outrageously with the teaching staff, I think I fucking well earned it.
I also "met requirements" for all my teaching/counselling subjects. This whole competency based assessment system totally screws with my head, btw. I'm like "Yeh. But what is my SCORE??!! Don't I get a letter grade even??". I know, I know, I should have let go of the ego ages ago, but I haven't, OK. Gawd.
2. My brother is in respite care after his latest episode. Think my mum and dad have finally screamed loud enough at various government departments for someone to throw us a goddamn fricken bone. No permanent accommodation sorted yet, but it looks promising.
3. The hot young guy at work has been acting very strangely ever since we told him about the hot tutor date, etc. He and I always have D&Ms at work, or at least a jolly good gossip, but over the last 3 weeks there has been lots of touching, soft kisses hello, calling me 'baby'.... There have been a few things said which are... suggestive. I think he got a bit jealous about me liking someone else, but in a totally narcissistic manner. Like he doesn't necessarily want me, but he doesn't want me to like anyone else. Anyway. It's nice to have pretty boys flirting with you.
4. Bought a bunch of books the other day:
* The old man and the sea - Hemingway (read it on saturday morning and its beee-autiful)
* Book of longing - Leonard Cohen (a book of poetry - I'm reading it now. Plagiarism to follow in subsequent posts)
* Siddhartha - Hermann Hesse (read it a few years back, but I wanted my own copy)
*Divisadero - Michael Ondaatje (never heard of it before, but it was on sale and Ondaatje is probably my favourite author)
I still have about 4 other books from my last round of purchases which I still need to read. I also have 3 books I am in the process of reading and have yet to finish. FUCK. Reading makes me stressed. Oh, and I'm going up to my family's book warehouse on Thursday to speak to my Grandpa about the young adult fiction titles in his stable (as part of the English teacher gig). So I will probably pilfer wildly from there too. Arrgh! I need to learn to read faster.
5. Remember the guy I thought knocked me up - he's a friend of several years, and quite a troubled young insect? Well, I extended an invitation to him about a month ago - he wanted to get out and 'do' more stuff, not just get on it all the time in a vain attempt to snort himself a personality. He said yeh...and didn't get back in touch with me. I didn't particularly care because it was a more a friendly suggestion (that would, none the less end up in bed as always), and I know the lure of the nose bag is quiet strong for him. Anyhoodle, got a call on Friday afternoon, real awkward, asking what I was doing. i happened to be busy all weekend and advised him of such. Plus, dude, its been a few weeks. You've missed the boat. On Saturday night, a bunch of friends were having cocktails at my work, and I had a G&T with them after my shift finished. Turns out this guy has told pretty much everyone on the Northern Beaches I want to go out with him. Um, no. I was just suggesting we hang out. As we are friends. I don't really think you are boyfriend material. I mean you might be. But the magic eight ball def. points to 'no' in this instance. And anyway, wtf happened to having a little discretion, i ask you? We share the same group of friends. I'm gonna find out what you say about me. If you had shut the fuck up, I'd let you take me to the movies then I'd probably blow you. It's that simple. Fucking figure it out, you half-wit.
6. No news on the tutor front. Clearly, he is a loser and I'm awesome and he doesn't have the brains to notice.
[edited to add, because pictures are fun]
7. Vintage Pants - pre boob job - on holidays in Vietnam, 2007. This is just after I broke up with D-RO. Look how fucking happy and smug I am. I had just enjoyed a wild threesome with 2 very handsome french men (no seriously - they remain by far the hottest people I've ever talked to, let alone effed) about 2 weeks prior to this photo being taken. Ahhh, good times. Except I'm doing the peace sign thing, which is pretty gay.


I'm:
ReplyDelete- such a gh33k I got excited when you said "D&M" - I thought you said D&D.
- appalled the Tutor is not a suitor, perhaps you need a Stewart.
- edit -
ReplyDeletebecause you put up picture of your rack
- pre???? Jesus girl - your knockers were huge already
1. I used to have a relationship with a geek where I would dictate fantasy scenes - like a sacrifice on the stairs of mayan temple with panthers and raven in the background and a ufo in the early evening sky - and then he'd draw and paint them using the Adobe suite. That was pretty nerdy. But no. This guy is a fine arts student.
ReplyDelete2. I don't get it.
3. Yes, but because god is unkind they were saggy, and caused me pain constantly. They are hoiked up to within an inch of their life in that bikini top.
Face Palm.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.historyonthenet.com/Tudors/tudor_stuart_timeline.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tudor_dynasty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Stuart
so many images... loosing blood to the head....
ReplyDeletearrrggg!!!
OH NO YOU DI'NT!
ReplyDeleteYou're only face palming me because I got you ages back. C'mon man, that was an obscure reference, and you spelt it wrong, anyways. Smart arse.
DOG3BOY: sorry, yes, rather a lot to digest in one post. But I was feeling lazy and point form is my default option.
Can't help it if even my bum is smart.
ReplyDeleteI love Ondaatje toooooooooo!
ReplyDeleteLove the image of the nun flying off the unfinished bridge and being saved by the guy swinging underneath.. The Skin of a Lion I think.. also love the image of the tanners, the men up to their necks in dye..
I so need to read some more..
xx
Sulky, that is my. very. favourite. book. ever. I did it for my HSC, and hated it at first - the post-modern structure was confusing and I was all like "wtf is with these moths and polish loggers? BORING"...and then, of course, I fell desperately in love.
ReplyDelete"Let me stay in this field with Alice Gull" Ayyyyyeee! the romance!! And beyond that, it's a stomping good story, perfectly constructed.
incredibly naive question, but do you have a bookshop in your vicinity, or do you do the amazon thing?
I tells ya.. there were moments in The English Patient that made me look away from the page and swoon.. He is quite awe-some.. ya ya.. have you seen a picture of him? Is he a spunk?
ReplyDeleteI have many many of his books - but haven't heard of the one you just mentioned in your post.. must search..
Would you believe, my office is in a library, BUT I so hate the feel of library books - so haven't even looked at the shelves in over a year.
I buy books when I head to the city at The Book Grocer in High St Northcote.. or at Brunswick St Bookstore.. I love to browse in there.. :)
The ironical thing is for the last ten years or more I have been collecting and loving reading 1950's romance and crime fiction.. and they are all generally ex-library books.. what the? :)
[just bought divisadero on ebay..]
ReplyDeleteI don't like library books either ... except for the sexy leather bound ones from the uni library with gold letter embossed covers, and browned pages with notes in the margins from the 50s... now they're alright by me :)
ReplyDeleteMy favourite second hand books are the ones from fetes... and they always have a forgotten slip of paper or a note or a receipt or something hidden in their pages...
Mr Ondaatje is old and white haired, and looks a bit like santa, except he's Sri Lankan (at least in part). He looks kind.
Hope you like the book! I haven't started it yet...