I STARTED UNI TODAY!
It was very exciting. I made sure i looked cute in cuffed jeans and slouchy navy-white striped top. I diligently packed my laptop in my bag, along with a brand new notebook and ergonomically designed pen. I put todays date at the top of each page, along with the course code.
A month of "Jane Austen and Her Contemporaries". I'm a little behind on reading, given I have been working 60 hour weeks of late (nice cruise-y waitressing job MY ASS), but I feel I'm totally up for it. I was immediately struck, however, by the pure and unadulterated intellectual wankery of some of my fellow students. Holy crap, I need to gets me some more adjectives.
But! Fear not! Amongst the generally unpromising array of students in this class there is a shining beacon of ... possible amusement.
A rather attractive man, but with an air of mousishness about him, perhaps
An English Major, with a background in sociology
A little quiet maybe, and somewhat serious
BUT he works in a bookshop. It may be Dymmocks at George but still! A bookshop!
I swear he likes me.
I could feel his gaze.
And he tottled along with me when we were on our break, he smoked a cigarette with me, and we snuck back into class, late.
I wonder.
It's a good distraction, at least
i like the sound of this chap.
ReplyDeletedoes he wear glasses?
No, no glasses.
ReplyDeleteBut he does have a moustache and shoulder length wavy hair. I die.